How do I set up an eBay account?
There are several ways to make money online. In this post, I intend to leave you with tips for selling on eBay so that you know how it works.
Selling on eBay small items to normal people can be exciting. It’s a practical way to make money online selling stuff that you want to get rid of.
How to trade on eBay
eBay is a marketplace where people can buy and sell items from its website. Meaning, eBay is an online auction service for buying and selling. You can sell your second-hand items you’ve stashed somewhere in your home. You don’t need a qualification to sell on the giant eBay auction. It’s also easy to start your internet business on eBay at relatively low start-up costs.
How to sell on ebay for beginners
The first thing you need to do is to sign up for an account. Should I sign up for a business account or a private account?
- Business Account
- Private Account
It’s up to you to sell on eBay using either a business account or a personal account. If you want to use eBay for buying and selling some stuff in small quantities, then a private account is the right one to choose.
How to sell on ebay as a Business
If you intend to run a business for buying and selling products on a larger scale, a business account is most suitable.
eBay trading assistant
If your plan is to become an eBay trading assistant, a business account is the best suitable.
I already have an eBay account 🙂
You might have bought something from eBay before, there is nothing wrong with using that same account.
eBay fees calculator
The good news is you don’t need to part with your cash to register your account on eBay marketplace.
To start selling your small items (individual account) on eBay you don’t need to pay except a small fee after you have made a sale.
Your eBay account looks like this
Tips on how to sell on eBay and make money
Do some research to find out what you want to sell depending on what sells on eBay.Is it worth selling? How much are you going to sell your item for?There are lots of things you can sell ranging from smartphones, video games, used clothes to furniture.
- How to list on eBay to get price you want
Listing items on eBay has been made simple by making use of eBay Listing Tool. This tool makes you do a lot of things quickly.How to create a Listing
- Title Description
Make sure you create a title that has everything the buyer needs to know.
To bring your items to life and improve buyer confidence, you need to add pictures and you do it for free.You can upload a maximum of 12 pictures of the product you are listing. The idea is to shoot the pictures from different angles to give your customer a full view of the product from all angles.
eBay power sellers meaning
At eBay, you start off selling at a basic level. Then, you rise to the PowerSellers stage as your sales and profit growth increases.
To qualify for the PowerSeller level you must reach a given target and sustain it for a period of 1 year.
Selling services on eBay
There is one important thing you must bear in mind regarding selling services including eBay costs. Your selling price must have eBay fees added to it.
- eBay fees
- PayPal fees
- Shipping fees
Choose domestic and international delivery plus return options to take full advantage of eBay’s Selling Offers.
- Pay only when you sell this month.
- No insertion fees on up to 100 listings per day.
- For auction or fixed price listings.
- sides PayPal, you can choose other payment methods.
- To have the best business experience on eBay, you must be well versed with eBay rules and policies for selling items.This will go a long way to contribute towards your success or lack of it.
- Measuring people’s success on eBay, results are a bag of mixed reactions. Not all people will succeed because of failing to do enough homework (market research) before they start to sell.Thorough research will give a clue on products that sell most and things to avoid. Also, the price ranges to look out for.TIP: Keep a notebook where you will record all information about research findings and the listings you do. As well as information on what sold and what didn’t sell.
- You need to figure out the budget for your inventory.Make a list of all the items you have bought and how much they cost you so that you’ll be able to review your sales to find if you made any profit or loss.
- Take note of mistakes you’ve made so that you learn from them to avoid repeating the same mistakes.
- Buy products of excellent quality to avoid receiving negative feedback on your profile.
Selling your products on eBay is one of the viable ways to make money online you can try. Good luck:).
Hopefully, you will find this article, ‘How to Sell on eBay – eBay Selling Tips’ useful. Please leave your comments below.